11 May 2008

Cares Day is my favorite day.

Hands On Greater Portland's Cares Day is one of my favorite days of the whole year. I told a few people that I like Cares Day better than my birthday and was greeted with some confusion. I mean it… I LOVE Cares Day.

SO… Cares Day is a big day of service put on by Hands On Greater Portland. This year there were 13 or so sites and somewhere around 1,300 volunteers spread to those sites. I was a Site Captain at Mt. Pleasant Elementary School in Oregon City. In a matter of hours, about 60 employees from Comcast painted the gym, painted a computer lab, spread truckloads of mulch over the grounds, and spread bark chips over the playground. The transformation was amazing. I love it when people come together and are focused on making a difference. I will post pictures when I get them.

No comments: