09 August 2008

Let's get it started... again.

I had a friend send an email as the "Blog Police" asking what happened to the blog. I appreciated the nudge. After the May 20th entry, I set a standard I couldn't keep up. Volunteering with a former president? How do I follow that?

Well, I got myself psyched out. Sometimes I find it scary to volunteer. I will admit it. One Saturday I was signed up to volunteer at an organization that I LOVE... this was the first time I had a chance to volunteer with them and I was so excited they called me. But, as the opportunity got closer, I started to get nervous. I thought to myself "I won't know anyone there." "What if I can't do the work?" "What if I hate it?" I did the unthinkable... I didn't show.

I was a NO SHOW!

I am embarrassed to say it.

But, the reality is... volunteering can be scary. A new locale. A new group of people. A new skill. AAAHHH!

It's not always easy!

No comments: