25 February 2008

I Made It!

I completed the triathlon. I have to say it was harder than I imagined. Somehow I had it in my head that swimming was easy. Oops. After one length of the pool, I was tired. I bounced back on the bike. As a Portlander, I had to represent. I was 5th in the women’s division on the bike. I really think I just programmed in the right music for that portion.

There were several times during the swim or run where I wanted to give up, but I had one thought in my head… the Stroup Family. This was about them.

The day was fantastic. Last year over 60 individuals signed up for the event, this year it was over 100! Whether they knew it or not, each one of those people made a difference with every drop of sweat, along with every huff and puff.

Total Volunteer Hours as of 2/25/08: 34.75

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EMILY WAS AMAZING - I saw it first hand! She even looked like a triathlete with all the appropriate gear. Emily continues to amaze me.

EG said...

All the gear except goggles and a swim cap in the pool. A lady stopped me and offered me hers because she felt sorry for me. Wasn't that nice?